CVS Health (CVS): Reiterated Buy After Management Meetings - Mizuho
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst, Ann Hynes, reiterated her Buy on CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) after hosting meetings with CVS CEO Larry Merlo and CFO David Denton. The analyst remains confident that PBMs ability to drive down drug spend via rebates will not change. The spread on gross to net pricing has been widening since 2012, when PBMs first introduced formulary management. Drug trends within CVS's book of business are tracking at only ~ +3.5%, significantly below the industry average of high-single digits, which illustrates the effectiveness of rebates.
Cash flow and capital deployment to shareholders remains a highlight and continued shareholder return via share repurchases, dividend increases and tuck-in M&A. M&A will likely focus on healthcare services and expanding and strengthening its integrated delivery platform.
CVS previously stated that 2016E is expected to be back-half weighted and year-to-date performance should be in-line with expectations. The analyst expects CVS to provide 2017 initial guidance at its annual day in December.
No change to the price target of $111.
Shares of CVS Health closed at $90.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!