CONMED (CNMD) Worth up to $59/Share in Takeover - Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 8/22 - 8/26: Yellen Hints at Hike; Muddy Waters Picks New Target; Pfizer, Medivation Make it Official
- Janet Yellen Jackson Hole Speech; Rate Hike Case has Strengthened
- Wall Street slips in wake of comments by top Fed officials
- Apollo Global to Acquire Rackspace (RAX) in $4.3B Deal
- Icahn Shopped Herbalife (HLF) Stake to Ackman Group
Needham & Company analyst Mike Matson weighed in on CONMED (NASDAQ: CNMD) amid reports Tuesday the company hired advisers to help with a possible sale of the company
Maston said, "With two activist firms targeting CNMD, we are not too surprised by this news. We believe that CNMD could be worth $59 per share in a potential acquisition and that a deal could prove accretive to a larger medical device company. While there is clearly a risk that CNMD will not be acquired, we believe that fundamentals are improving and that shares are attractive even absent a deal. "
With the Reuters article that the company's bankers are approaching the larger orthopedics companies, the analyst highligted Covidien (NYSE: COV), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), Stryker (NYSE: SYK), and Zimmer (NYSE: ZMH) as logical potential acquirors of CNMD. Aside from these companies, they think that larger European or Asian medical device companies might also be interested in CNMD.
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $54 on CNMD.
Shares of CONMED closed at $45.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Maintains 'Hold' Rating on Rackspace (RAX) Amid Merger; Still Sees Business Ramp Taking Years
- Q2 Holdings (QTWO): EBITDA Profitability On Track for Q4 - Needham
- Workday (WDAY): Good 2Q But Not Enough For Upgrade - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!