CONMED (CNMD) Worth up to $59/Share in Takeover - Needham & Company
- Wall St ends flat; Disney, retailers dip on sales worries
- Why Martin Shkreli ONLY Cares About KaloBios Pharma's (KBIO) Stock Price
- China stocks tumble most since summer slump as brokerage probe widens
- FBR Capital's Ives Sees Growing Apple Watch Interest (AAPL)
- Target (TGT) Notes Strong Black Friday Sales Start; Apple, Giant Stuffed Teddy Bear Lead Charge
Needham & Company analyst Mike Matson weighed in on CONMED (NASDAQ: CNMD) amid reports Tuesday the company hired advisers to help with a possible sale of the company
Maston said, "With two activist firms targeting CNMD, we are not too surprised by this news. We believe that CNMD could be worth $59 per share in a potential acquisition and that a deal could prove accretive to a larger medical device company. While there is clearly a risk that CNMD will not be acquired, we believe that fundamentals are improving and that shares are attractive even absent a deal. "
With the Reuters article that the company's bankers are approaching the larger orthopedics companies, the analyst highligted Covidien (NYSE: COV), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), Stryker (NYSE: SYK), and Zimmer (NYSE: ZMH) as logical potential acquirors of CNMD. Aside from these companies, they think that larger European or Asian medical device companies might also be interested in CNMD.
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $54 on CNMD.
Shares of CONMED closed at $45.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Computer Programs & Systems (CPSI) Announces Healthland Holding Inc Acquisition; FBR Capital Raises Price target to $53
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) PT Lifted to $70 at Oppenheimer
- VimpelCom (VIP), Global Telecom to Merge Pakistan Telecom Businesses
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!