CONMED (CNMD) Worth up to $59/Share in Takeover - Needham & Company
- Market Wrap: Existing Sales Outpace in Sept.; Loeb's Third Point Eyes Amgen; Daimler Exits Tesla; Earnings Galore
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q3 EPS by 22c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/21: (UIS) (SIX) (BRCM) (YHOO) Higher; (NSPH) (HIMX) (CREE) (TSLA) Lower (more...)
- Dan Loeb Discusses Long Amgen (AMGN), eBay (EBAY) and Alibaba (BABA) in Q3 Letter; Sells Sony (SNE)
- Daimler Sells 4% Stake in Tesla (TSLA)
Needham & Company analyst Mike Matson weighed in on CONMED (NASDAQ: CNMD) amid reports Tuesday the company hired advisers to help with a possible sale of the company
Maston said, "With two activist firms targeting CNMD, we are not too surprised by this news. We believe that CNMD could be worth $59 per share in a potential acquisition and that a deal could prove accretive to a larger medical device company. While there is clearly a risk that CNMD will not be acquired, we believe that fundamentals are improving and that shares are attractive even absent a deal. "
With the Reuters article that the company's bankers are approaching the larger orthopedics companies, the analyst highligted Covidien (NYSE: COV), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), Stryker (NYSE: SYK), and Zimmer (NYSE: ZMH) as logical potential acquirors of CNMD. Aside from these companies, they think that larger European or Asian medical device companies might also be interested in CNMD.
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $54 on CNMD.
Shares of CONMED closed at $45.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JANA Partners Files 13D on Hertz Global (HTZ); Held Talks on Management/Board
- Apple (AAPL) Price Target Lifted to $110 at Bernstein
- Apple (AAPL) Target Raised 3% at BMO Capital Following Strong Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!