CONMED (CNMD) Worth up to $59/Share in Takeover - Needham & Company
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
Needham & Company analyst Mike Matson weighed in on CONMED (NASDAQ: CNMD) amid reports Tuesday the company hired advisers to help with a possible sale of the company
Maston said, "With two activist firms targeting CNMD, we are not too surprised by this news. We believe that CNMD could be worth $59 per share in a potential acquisition and that a deal could prove accretive to a larger medical device company. While there is clearly a risk that CNMD will not be acquired, we believe that fundamentals are improving and that shares are attractive even absent a deal. "
With the Reuters article that the company's bankers are approaching the larger orthopedics companies, the analyst highligted Covidien (NYSE: COV), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), Stryker (NYSE: SYK), and Zimmer (NYSE: ZMH) as logical potential acquirors of CNMD. Aside from these companies, they think that larger European or Asian medical device companies might also be interested in CNMD.
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $54 on CNMD.
Shares of CONMED closed at $45.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Coherent, Inc. (COHR) to $68 Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Stratasys (SSYS) PT Chopped to $38 at Needham & Company, Remains Constructive on Expected Industry Recovery
- Datalink (DTLK) PT Cut to $8.50 at Needham & Company Amid Weak Q2; Maintains 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!