CIRCOR's (CIR) Warning Has Negative Read-Through to Other Value Makers - RBC (FLOW) (FLS) (EMR) (PNR)
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Deane Dray said he sees a negative read-across from value maker CIRCOR's (NYSE: CIR) negative announcement to SPX Flow (NYSE: FLOW), Flowserve (NYSE: FLS), Emerson Electric (NYSE: EMR) and to a letter extent Pentair (NYSE: PNR).
"This news has some negative read-across to valve makers with meaningful oil exposure in our coverage, "Dray said. "This includes SPX FLOW (direct oil & gas is 21% of sales), Pentair (17%), Flowserve (43%), and Emerson (25%; in the process of acquiring Pentair’s Valves & Controls business), and you can see most of those stocks trading lower in sympathy despite crude oil being up roughly 1%. CIRCOR cited “prolonged weakness in the Energy markets across both short-cycle and long-cycle businesses” as the key driver of the shortfall, though there were also some company-specific supplier quality issues highlighted that should not impact our coverage."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Lincoln Electric (LECO) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!