CIRCOR's (CIR) Warning Has Negative Read-Through to Other Value Makers - RBC (FLOW) (FLS) (EMR) (PNR)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Deane Dray said he sees a negative read-across from value maker CIRCOR's (NYSE: CIR) negative announcement to SPX Flow (NYSE: FLOW), Flowserve (NYSE: FLS), Emerson Electric (NYSE: EMR) and to a letter extent Pentair (NYSE: PNR).
"This news has some negative read-across to valve makers with meaningful oil exposure in our coverage, "Dray said. "This includes SPX FLOW (direct oil & gas is 21% of sales), Pentair (17%), Flowserve (43%), and Emerson (25%; in the process of acquiring Pentair’s Valves & Controls business), and you can see most of those stocks trading lower in sympathy despite crude oil being up roughly 1%. CIRCOR cited “prolonged weakness in the Energy markets across both short-cycle and long-cycle businesses” as the key driver of the shortfall, though there were also some company-specific supplier quality issues highlighted that should not impact our coverage."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!