CIRCOR's (CIR) Warning Has Negative Read-Through to Other Value Makers - RBC (FLOW) (FLS) (EMR) (PNR)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Deane Dray said he sees a negative read-across from value maker CIRCOR's (NYSE: CIR) negative announcement to SPX Flow (NYSE: FLOW), Flowserve (NYSE: FLS), Emerson Electric (NYSE: EMR) and to a letter extent Pentair (NYSE: PNR).
"This news has some negative read-across to valve makers with meaningful oil exposure in our coverage, "Dray said. "This includes SPX FLOW (direct oil & gas is 21% of sales), Pentair (17%), Flowserve (43%), and Emerson (25%; in the process of acquiring Pentair’s Valves & Controls business), and you can see most of those stocks trading lower in sympathy despite crude oil being up roughly 1%. CIRCOR cited “prolonged weakness in the Energy markets across both short-cycle and long-cycle businesses” as the key driver of the shortfall, though there were also some company-specific supplier quality issues highlighted that should not impact our coverage."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citron Research Negative on TransDigm Group (TDG) amid Trump Era; Calls Valeant of Aerospace
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!