CIENA (CIEN) Gains Following Positive MKM Mid-Quarter Checks
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) is up 1.7% Thursday following positive mid-quarter checks from MKM Partners' Michael Genovese.
"Even though October, the most important month of the quarter and year, is still ahead, we are highly confident that 4QFY16 orders are strong," Genovese said.
They expect the company too slightly exceed MKM/consensus estimates (with a B-B above 1.0) and guide 1QFY17 well driven by a positive inflection in North American Tier 1 Metro orders and strength in Subsea, Asia-Pacific including India, direct Web-scale orders in the U.S. and indirect Web-scale demand via wholesale carriers in Europe.
In addition, GMs should not go below the 44.5+% level at any point, and the company should be well on its way to earning ~$2.00 per share in CY17.
The firm reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $28 on CIEN.
Shares of CIENA closed at $21.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!