CIENA (CIEN) Gains Following Positive MKM Mid-Quarter Checks
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) is up 1.7% Thursday following positive mid-quarter checks from MKM Partners' Michael Genovese.
"Even though October, the most important month of the quarter and year, is still ahead, we are highly confident that 4QFY16 orders are strong," Genovese said.
They expect the company too slightly exceed MKM/consensus estimates (with a B-B above 1.0) and guide 1QFY17 well driven by a positive inflection in North American Tier 1 Metro orders and strength in Subsea, Asia-Pacific including India, direct Web-scale orders in the U.S. and indirect Web-scale demand via wholesale carriers in Europe.
In addition, GMs should not go below the 44.5+% level at any point, and the company should be well on its way to earning ~$2.00 per share in CY17.
The firm reiterated a Buy rating and price target of $28 on CIEN.
Shares of CIENA closed at $21.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- MKM Partners Cuts Price Target on Target (TGT) to $70 Following Reported Holiday Sales
- Macquarie Downgrades Pearson PLC (PSO) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!