CBS Corp. (CBS): If A Viacom Deal Occurs, It Will Be Beneficial To CBS - Brean Capital
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital analyst, Alan Gould, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of CBS (NYSE: CBS) on the assumption that if Viacom and CBS were recombined, it would be structured with a premium to the CBS shareholders.
The analyst believes the Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB) shares, trading at 6x cable network EBITDA, currently discount its challenges and the CBS shares, trading at only 13x 2016E EPS despite a mid-teens growth rate, are largely discounting a recombination with Viacom.
If the companies are recombined, the big question is whether or not the new company retains or sells Paramount. Does Les Moonves want the additional scale of owning a major studio and try to turn it around with the assumption that he can always chose to sell it later as it is one of only 6 major studios, four of which (and possibly 5) are definitely not for sale? Or does he believe that Paramount has been so underinvested in the past few years that it will be too capital intensive to fix and he is better off selling Paramount effectively lowering the cost of combining with the VIA cable networks to less than 6x EBITDA excluding synergies?
No change to the price target of $65.
Shares of CBS closed at $54.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!