Buy Monsanto (MON) Given the Large Arb Spread - BMO
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst Joel Jackson is recommending investors buy Monsanto (NYSE: MON) given large merger spread/
Jackson commented, "F2017/18E (Aug) estimates lower ~5% following MON's FQ4 release. Though handicapping the Bayer/MON regulatory process remains complicated, we continue to see the asymmetrically positive risk/reward as compelling. The EU could rule on ChemChina/Syngenta in late October with an approval likely narrowing the currently wide 24% discount to MON's $128 takeout price. On a standalone basis, MON could have upside from current levels ($105-110/sh) assuming an ~18x ~$5.50-6.00 mid-term EPS run-rate plus the $2 billion reverse break fee. We continue to rate MON Outperform with a $128 target price."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $128 on MON.
Shares of Monsanto closed at $103.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!