Buy Cisco (CSCO) on Weakness Following Lackluster Guidance - Baird
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird analyst Jayson Noland said they would be buyers on Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) on today's likely weakness following results and lower guidance. The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $35.
Noland commented, "Cisco posted a decent FQ1 but guided FQ2 below consensus primarily due to issues in the telecom Service Provider market. As previewed, the corporate business was OK, Security was solid, gross margin was stable and UCS was soft. We continue to see the stock as attractively priced and view the company was well positioned relative to most peers. We are buyers on likely weakness."
The firm modified F17E revenue/non-GAAP EPS to $48.0 billion/$2.40 from $49.4 billion/$2.45, assuming flat top-line growth. They also introduced F18E estimates of $47.9 billion/$2.46.
Shares of Cisco closed at $31.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Jayson Noland
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!