Buy Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) on Sell-Off - Baird
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney is telling clients to buy Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACHN) on today's sell-off. The firm reiterated an Outperform rating and price target of $10.
Skorney commented, "The market for biotech has completely broken down and with it, Achillion's nominally bad news on the Factor D program (which we are not currently modeling) has cut it down by almost a third today. With $3/share in cash and a J&J deal with milestones exceeding $5/share -- not counting double digit royalties -- we don't really care if Factor D is dead or not."
Shares of Achillion Pharmaceuticals closed at $6.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- Illumina (ILMN) Lower as Morgan Stanley Cuts Numbers, Sees Slow Growth Persisting
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!