Burlington Stores (BURL) Est., Valuation Range Lifted at Wells Fargo Following Strong Qtr.
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst Ike Boruchow reiterated an Outperform rating while raising his estimates and valuation range on Burlington Stores (NYSE: BURL) to $88-$90 following an "extremely impressive Q2."
Boruchow commented, "BURL delivered an extremely impressive Q2 – on both an absolute and relative basis. Specifically, both comps and EPS came in well ahead of their July 18th pre-announcement (which was also above guidance), while margins/inventory continue to trend in the right direction as well (GMs +50bps with comp store inventory -7%). All in, BURL nearly doubled their initial Q2 EPS outlook, while and top and bottom-line trends have picked up for a 2nd straight quarter. On a relative basis, BURL is back to being the strongest off-pricer on the block – as their +5.4% comp came in ahead of larger peers ROST/TJX (who both comped +4% in Q2), marking the first time over 12 months that dynamic has taken place. We believe the off-price sector remains ripe for outperformance, and BURL continues to be the best way to play the rising tide (given their “underearning” productivity/margin profile). We are raising estimates to $2.96/$3.56 (from $2.88/$3.52) and valuation range to $88-$90 (from $76-$78)."
Shares of Burlington Stores closed at $78.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- Fitbit (FIT): Cutting PT On Demand Concerns - Wedbush
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Wolverine World Wide (WWW) After Meeting with Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Ike Boruchow
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!