Brocade Communications (BRCD): Upside Was Acquired, Reiterating Sell - UBS
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, John Roy, reiterated his Sell rating on shares of Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) after the company beat consensus estimates for F3Q but guidance was light. About half the $24mn revenue upside in F4Q was driven by Ruckus-related purchase accounting. In addition, half the EPS beat this quarter came from lower taxes. SAN revenue declined 9% YoY and guidance calls for 12% decline – not as steep as expected but on an accelerating downtrend nevertheless. SAN port declines are mirroring the revenue decline.
The Sell rating on Brocade is driven by public cloud incursion, weaker IT spending, and slower Fibre Channel growth. Brocade is planning to host an Analyst day at the end of September in New York.
Price target of $8.50 (from $8.00)
Shares of Brocade closed at $10.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): Chip Recovery Has Begun - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!