Brean Capital Starts Lions Gate (LGF) at Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital initiates coverage on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) with a Buy rating and a price target of $27.00.
Analyst Alan Gould commented, "LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation. We have great respect for management's ability to execute on acquisitions. On a standalone basis, we believe LGF is paying a full price for Starz, but the cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the deal quite accretive. Our estimates are below management's forecasts, but we believe the Street has discounted those estimates given the challenges of forecasting film earnings. While most of the sell-side remain positive on LGF, we believe the name is washed out by much of the buy-side. LGF could become John Malone's vehicle for rolling up entertainment companies."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $20.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts GCP Applied Technologies (GCP) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!