Brean Capital Sees Arbitrage Opportunity in Lions Gate (LGF)/Starz (STRZA) Deal
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital analyst Alan Gould reiterated his Buy rating and $27 price target on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) noting a potential an arbitrage opportunity exists between LGF and STRZA based on their belief that there will be a 5-10% spread between the LGF voting and non-voting shares immediately after the deal closes.
Gould commented, " At the mid-point, this creates a 1.7% arbitrage spread for a deal that should close in a little more than 2 weeks. LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation and management has a strong acquisition track record. The cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the Starz (STRZA $34.02, Hold) deal quite accretive. The stock should be driven by the more predictable cash flow and de-leveraging once the $4.4 billion Starz deal closes. The stock now trades at 13.3x next year's "cash" EPS (reported EPS adding back only the intangible amortization from the Starz deal)."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $23.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lionsgate (LGF): Starz Deal Accretive To A Cheap Stock - Brean Capital
- Duke Energy Renewables Announces Acquisition of Victory Solar Power Project (DUK)
- GE Transportation (GE) Acquires Iders Incorporated
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!