Brean Capital Remains Bullish on Lionsgate (LGF); Reiterates $27 Price Target
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $27.00 price target on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) as Blair Witch 2 records a weaker than expected opening weekend. The movie grossed less than $10 million domestically this weekend and now looks like it will only gross about $25 million domestically versus the $50 million that many had expected. However, the films success was not baked into Brean's forecast.
Analyst Alan Gould commented, "LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation. We have great respect for management's ability to execute on acquisitions. On a standalone basis, we believe LGF is paying a full price for Starz, but the cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the deal quite accretive. Our estimates are below management's forecasts, but we believe the Street has discounted those estimates given the challenges of forecasting film earnings. While most of the sell-side remain positive on LGF, we believe the name is washed out by much of the buy-side. LGF could become John Malone's vehicle for rolling up entertainment companies."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Validus Holdings (VR) to Neutral
- Oshkosh Corp. (OSK) Boosts FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!