Brean Capital Remains Bullish on Lionsgate (LGF); Reiterates $27 Price Target
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $27.00 price target on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) as Blair Witch 2 records a weaker than expected opening weekend. The movie grossed less than $10 million domestically this weekend and now looks like it will only gross about $25 million domestically versus the $50 million that many had expected. However, the films success was not baked into Brean's forecast.
Analyst Alan Gould commented, "LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation. We have great respect for management's ability to execute on acquisitions. On a standalone basis, we believe LGF is paying a full price for Starz, but the cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the deal quite accretive. Our estimates are below management's forecasts, but we believe the Street has discounted those estimates given the challenges of forecasting film earnings. While most of the sell-side remain positive on LGF, we believe the name is washed out by much of the buy-side. LGF could become John Malone's vehicle for rolling up entertainment companies."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!