Brean Capital Remains Bullish on Lionsgate (LGF); Reiterates $27 Price Target
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $27.00 price target on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) as Blair Witch 2 records a weaker than expected opening weekend. The movie grossed less than $10 million domestically this weekend and now looks like it will only gross about $25 million domestically versus the $50 million that many had expected. However, the films success was not baked into Brean's forecast.
Analyst Alan Gould commented, "LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation. We have great respect for management's ability to execute on acquisitions. On a standalone basis, we believe LGF is paying a full price for Starz, but the cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the deal quite accretive. Our estimates are below management's forecasts, but we believe the Street has discounted those estimates given the challenges of forecasting film earnings. While most of the sell-side remain positive on LGF, we believe the name is washed out by much of the buy-side. LGF could become John Malone's vehicle for rolling up entertainment companies."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!