Brean Capital Remains Bullish on Lionsgate (LGF); Reiterates $27 Price Target
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $27.00 price target on Lions Gate (NYSE: LGF) as Blair Witch 2 records a weaker than expected opening weekend. The movie grossed less than $10 million domestically this weekend and now looks like it will only gross about $25 million domestically versus the $50 million that many had expected. However, the films success was not baked into Brean's forecast.
Analyst Alan Gould commented, "LGF operates in the sweet spot of the media business focused on content creation. We have great respect for management's ability to execute on acquisitions. On a standalone basis, we believe LGF is paying a full price for Starz, but the cost and LGF's unique tax synergies make the deal quite accretive. Our estimates are below management's forecasts, but we believe the Street has discounted those estimates given the challenges of forecasting film earnings. While most of the sell-side remain positive on LGF, we believe the name is washed out by much of the buy-side. LGF could become John Malone's vehicle for rolling up entertainment companies."
Shares of Lions Gate closed at $21.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bernstein Upgrades Lions Gate (LGF) to Outperform
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bruker (BRKR) at Hold
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!