Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Pitney Bowes (PBI) Following Earnings Report and Sell Off
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital maintained a Buy rating on Pitney Bowes (NYSE: PBI), and cut the price target to $20.00 (from $24.00), following the company's earnings report and recent sell-off (18%). PBI reported revenue and EPS of $839M and $0.44, both missing the Street's estimates of $856M and $0.46, respectively.
Analyst Ananda Baruah commented, "We believe that the biggest reason the stock was off so dramatically yesterday (18%) is because with a $0.07 tax benefit, PBI essentially put up a $0.37 operational Q vs. Street at $0.46. While PBI had its share of operational challenges this Q, we also note that 1) Street was much higher than our $0.40 (as PBI doesn't guide Q's) and 2) for FY16, Street was in line with us for FY16 at $1.75, which is what PBI reiterated. As such, we believe that PBI suffered to the tune of $0.03 - $0.05 unexpected impact from ongoing "clunkiness" in its transition both to a new sales model in the traditional business (this Q manifesting in Supplies) and from the implementation of its Enterprise Platform, which this Q impacted the timing of payments for its Financing business. Each of these are very high margin. PBI believes that exiting Dec they will have resolved the Financing issue and that they will experience in the Supplies selling during the next 2 - 3 Q's. Additionally, we note that PBI absorbed $0.03 of negative tax impact 1H16, so net it has a $0.04 tax benefit thru 3Q's, or just >$0.01 / Q. Our $20 TP is 11x our CY17 EPS of $1.80, the lower end of PBI's 10x - 14x "stabilized model" EPS range"
Shares of Pitney Bowes closed at $14.54 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!