Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Finish Line (FINL) Following 2Q Report
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $24.00 price target on Finish Line (NASDAQ: FINL) following the company's 2Q earnings report. FINL's 2Q print came relatively in line, with adjusted EPS of $0.53 a penny below consensus, as better-than-expected comp growth of +5.1% (vs. consensus' +3.9%) was mostly offset by softer-than-expected gross margin, which was down nearly -170 bps.
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "We are maintaining our constructive stance on shares of FINL following 2Q's relatively in-line print (EPS of $0.53 slightly below our $0.55 estimate, with better comp performance and solid expense management mostly offset by weaker-than-expected GM), and believe FINL can deliver in 2H given 1) improving vendor allocations, and 2) material rev/ margin re-capture opportunity following last year's supply chain snafu. Layering in manifesting benefits from an improved operating model (cost structure optimization, rationalization of B&M footprint, and remodels), we think shares can continue to grind higher, even as we acknowledge risk/reward has been somewhat neutralized (even following Friday's -5% intraday pullback) by shares +25% from our 12/23 upgrade. Accordingly, we are tweaking our estimates slightly (now modeling FY18 EPS of $1.77 vs. prior $1.76), with our unchanged $24 TP still based on shares trading 14x our FY18 EPS estimate."
Shares of Finish Line closed at $22.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!