Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Finish Line (FINL) Following 2Q Report
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating and $24.00 price target on Finish Line (NASDAQ: FINL) following the company's 2Q earnings report. FINL's 2Q print came relatively in line, with adjusted EPS of $0.53 a penny below consensus, as better-than-expected comp growth of +5.1% (vs. consensus' +3.9%) was mostly offset by softer-than-expected gross margin, which was down nearly -170 bps.
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "We are maintaining our constructive stance on shares of FINL following 2Q's relatively in-line print (EPS of $0.53 slightly below our $0.55 estimate, with better comp performance and solid expense management mostly offset by weaker-than-expected GM), and believe FINL can deliver in 2H given 1) improving vendor allocations, and 2) material rev/ margin re-capture opportunity following last year's supply chain snafu. Layering in manifesting benefits from an improved operating model (cost structure optimization, rationalization of B&M footprint, and remodels), we think shares can continue to grind higher, even as we acknowledge risk/reward has been somewhat neutralized (even following Friday's -5% intraday pullback) by shares +25% from our 12/23 upgrade. Accordingly, we are tweaking our estimates slightly (now modeling FY18 EPS of $1.77 vs. prior $1.76), with our unchanged $24 TP still based on shares trading 14x our FY18 EPS estimate."
Shares of Finish Line closed at $22.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- eBay (EBAY) Turnaround on Track, Buy the Dip - Susquehanna
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on American Express (AXP) to $75; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!