Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) Following 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital maintained a Buy rating on Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), and cut the price target to $63.00 (from $64.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. DKS reported 3Q EPS of $0.48, well above consensus estimates for $0.42. Management raised FY16 EPS guidance and is now expecting adjusted EPS of $2.99-$3.11 vs. prior expectations of $2.90-$3.05.
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "Despite delivering 3Q comp/EPS upside, shares of DKS traded down -7% yesterday on guidance (EPS of $2.99-$3.11 in FY16) that came in below high investor expectations (shares +40% since late June, peg buyside bogey for FY16 in the $3.10-$3.25 range). While we believe much of the delta vs. expectations represents conservatism on the part of mgmt around critical 4Q weather dynamic, the high end of comp guidance remains predicated on season coming together, even as yesterday's pullback has somewhat improved risk/reward (shares now trading 16x our slightly lowered FY17 EPS, vs. 17x previously). Accordingly, we are maintaining our Buy rating, with our slightly lower $63 TP (vs. $64 previously) based on shares trading an unchanged 17x our new FY17 EPS estimate."
Shares of Dick's Sporting Goods closed at $56.71 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!