Brean Capital Raises Price Target on Perry Ellis Int'l (PERY) to $27 Following 3Q
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Perry Ellis Int'l (NASDAQ: PERY), and raised the price target to $27.00 (from $25.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PERY delivered EPS of $0.23, well above the consensus estimates for $0.15. Results were largely driven by better-than-expected GM. Revenues of $194M were in line with expectations and guidance.
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "We are maintaining our Buy rating on shares of PERY following yesterday's upside 3Q print, with shares trading up +12% on in-line revs/EPS beat ($0.23 vs. our/cons $0.16/$0.15) that was largely driven by better-than-expected GM (reflected lower y/y inventories as part of ongoing Growth and Profitability Plan). While we acknowledge maintained 4Q rev guide ($885M-$900M, implies +7% y/y growth at the low end) isn't a low bar even given brand exit headwinds now in the rearview ($5M drag in 3Q), we also believe GM/cost levers make maintained EPS guidance ($1.95-$2.00) achievable. Looking into FY18, we believe benefits from an improved operating model support increasingly visible rev growth (core revs +3.5% in 3Q, +MSD range YTD) while accretive mix shifts (int'l/digital) should help support continued margin expansion, even following three years of material margin improvement. We tweak our FY17/FY18 estimates slightly higher, with our raised TP of $27 (from $25) based on shares trading at 13x our FY18 EPS est of $2.14 (vs. 11x-14x historically and peer group of 15x-16x)."
Shares of Perry Ellis closed at $24.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!