Brean Capital Raises Price Target on Perry Ellis Int'l (PERY) to $27 Following 3Q
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Perry Ellis Int'l (NASDAQ: PERY), and raised the price target to $27.00 (from $25.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PERY delivered EPS of $0.23, well above the consensus estimates for $0.15. Results were largely driven by better-than-expected GM. Revenues of $194M were in line with expectations and guidance.
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "We are maintaining our Buy rating on shares of PERY following yesterday's upside 3Q print, with shares trading up +12% on in-line revs/EPS beat ($0.23 vs. our/cons $0.16/$0.15) that was largely driven by better-than-expected GM (reflected lower y/y inventories as part of ongoing Growth and Profitability Plan). While we acknowledge maintained 4Q rev guide ($885M-$900M, implies +7% y/y growth at the low end) isn't a low bar even given brand exit headwinds now in the rearview ($5M drag in 3Q), we also believe GM/cost levers make maintained EPS guidance ($1.95-$2.00) achievable. Looking into FY18, we believe benefits from an improved operating model support increasingly visible rev growth (core revs +3.5% in 3Q, +MSD range YTD) while accretive mix shifts (int'l/digital) should help support continued margin expansion, even following three years of material margin improvement. We tweak our FY17/FY18 estimates slightly higher, with our raised TP of $27 (from $25) based on shares trading at 13x our FY18 EPS est of $2.14 (vs. 11x-14x historically and peer group of 15x-16x)."
Shares of Perry Ellis closed at $24.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!