Brean Capital Raises Price Target on Marvell Technology (MRVL) Following 3Q Beat
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Marvell Technology (NASDAQ: MRVL), and raised the price target to $18.00 (from $16.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MRVL reported revenue of $654M versus Consensus estimates of $614M. Revenue growth in the quarter was driven by MRVL’s Storage segment, which grew 19% Q/Q due to improved demand for HDDs and an inventory replenishment in the PC supply chain. The company reported non-GAAP EPS of $0.20 versus Consensus of $0.13.
Analyst Mike Burton commented, "MRVL reported a beat & raise to the bottom line off of strong revenues in the Oct-Q and relatively in line top-line guidance (before discontinued ops). Oct-Q revenues showed upside on strength in the Storage segment, from the inventory replenishment in PCs, but is expected to slow in the Jan-Q. MRVL’s gross margins result and guidance provided the largest surprise to the upside with the Company guiding to 57.5% non-GAAP GMs in the Jan-Q and to get to the 58-60% range by the 2H of FY18 (CY17 equivalent). OPEX cuts have also delivered operating leverage but many of the cuts should start to positively impact the P&L in the 1H of CY17. MRVL also announced a $1 billion buyback and an increase to the dividend. We reiterate our Buy rating and increase our target price from $16 to $18 off our raised estimates."
Shares of Marvell closed at $13.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Western Digital (WDC): Raising PT After Analyst Day - Baird
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!