Brean Capital Raises Price Target on Marvell Technology (MRVL) Following 3Q Beat
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Marvell Technology (NASDAQ: MRVL), and raised the price target to $18.00 (from $16.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. MRVL reported revenue of $654M versus Consensus estimates of $614M. Revenue growth in the quarter was driven by MRVL’s Storage segment, which grew 19% Q/Q due to improved demand for HDDs and an inventory replenishment in the PC supply chain. The company reported non-GAAP EPS of $0.20 versus Consensus of $0.13.
Analyst Mike Burton commented, "MRVL reported a beat & raise to the bottom line off of strong revenues in the Oct-Q and relatively in line top-line guidance (before discontinued ops). Oct-Q revenues showed upside on strength in the Storage segment, from the inventory replenishment in PCs, but is expected to slow in the Jan-Q. MRVL’s gross margins result and guidance provided the largest surprise to the upside with the Company guiding to 57.5% non-GAAP GMs in the Jan-Q and to get to the 58-60% range by the 2H of FY18 (CY17 equivalent). OPEX cuts have also delivered operating leverage but many of the cuts should start to positively impact the P&L in the 1H of CY17. MRVL also announced a $1 billion buyback and an increase to the dividend. We reiterate our Buy rating and increase our target price from $16 to $18 off our raised estimates."
Shares of Marvell closed at $13.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!