Brean Capital Raises Price Target as Marvell Technology (MRVL) Announces Restructuring Actions
- Wall Street lower as oil snaps four-day rally
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Brean Capital reiterated a Buy rating on Marvell Technology (NASDAQ: MRVL), and raised the price target to $16.00 (from $15.00), following the company's announced restructuring actions. The actions are intended to refocus its research and development efforts in order to increase operational efficiency and improve profitability.
Analyst Mike Burton commented, "Yesterday after the market close, MRVL announced its plan to lower operating expenses to increase operational efficiency and improve future profitability by refocusing its research and development efforts. The company intends to do this by eliminating approximately 900 positions worldwide and divest non-strategic businesses, which when fully implemented (end of October 2017) will result in lower annual operating expenses from a current annualized run rate of $1.08 billion to the $820-840 million range. We are impressed by MRVL “following through” on its plans to drive returns to patient shareholders by cutting OPEX. We recently added MRVL to our top pick list for the December 2016 quarter as we believe MRVL is a good “special situations” stock for investors to have exposure to a company that is re-aligning its margin profile of its peers on a focused revenue base. We reiterate our Buy rating as we raise our estimates and increase our TP from $15 to $16 on shares of MRVL."
Shares of Marvell closed at $12.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Buy
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!