Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on Perry Ellis Int'l (PERY) to $25 Following 2Q EPS Beat
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Brean Capital maintained a Buy rating on Perry Ellis Int'l (NASDAQ: PERY), and cut the price target to $25.00 (from $26.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. PERY reported EPS of $0.15, well above the consensus expectations of $0.01. Mgmt maintained EPS guidance at $1.95-$2.00, but lowered rev guide for FY17 to $885M-$890M (vs. prior $910M-$915M).
Analyst Eric Tracy commented, "PERY delivered 2Q results that came in favorable to our/cons expectations, as better-thanfeared rev decrease (-5.5% vs. our -7%, in line w/ cons), continued tight inventory mgmt, and disciplined expense control drove a material EPS beat ($0.15 vs. our/cons $0.03/$0.01). Even so, shares saw material retrenchment (traded down -10% Thursday) as mgmt lowered FY17 rev guidance to $885M-$890M (vs. prior $910M-$915M) on a softer GBP/ uncertain macro in postBrexit Europe and retail exit headwinds, but maintained EPS guidance for $1.95-$2.00. While we acknowledge visibility into FY17 rev guide is somewhat murky, we continue to believe mgmt is largely making the right decisions to re-position the brand, and with shares trading just 9x our FY18 EPS estimate of $2.11, view sentiment as largely washed out. As such, we are maintaining our Buy rating but are lowering our TP to $25 (vs. prior $26), still based on shares trading at 12x our lowered FY18 EPS est."
Shares of Perry Ellis closed at $19.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesEarnings, Brean Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!