Box, Inc (BOX): Progressing Towards Profitability - Stifel
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Stifel analyst, Aaron Rakers, reiterated his Hold on Box, Inc. (NYSE: BOX) but noted the continued progress towards profitability. Details of the quarter include:
Box reported F2Q17 upside - revenue at $95.713M (+30% y/y; recurring revenue = ~95% of total) and a non-GAAP EPS loss of -$0.14/sh. Billings grew +34% y/y to $106.5M; reflecting ~$3M of pull-forward from earlier-than-expected renewals (Box reiterated expectations that billings growth would trail revenue growth in F2017). Box added 4,000 new paying organizations during F2Q17 vs. +5,000 in F1Q17; total paying organization customer base at ~66,000; equates to ~$6,300 in annualized billings per paying organization vs. prior TTM average of ~$6,600. Box now has ~6.6M paying registered users, which equates to ~100 per paying organization (vs. ~85/org. in F2Q16). Box now has deployments at ~60% of Fortune 500 (vs. 52% in F2Q16). More notably, Box reported that it closed 45 +$100k deals in F2Q17 (vs. 17 in F1Q17); 5 +$500k deals in F2Q17 (vs. no such deals in F1Q17).
The analyst noted positive trends in his review of the quarter but did not discuss what was necessary to upgrade to a buy rating from the current hold. He also does not have a published price target on the company.
Shares of Box, Inc. closed at $13.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Box (BOX): Another Beat, One Quarter Closer To Profitability - Stifel
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!