BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades Sonic Auto (SAH) to Underperform; Execution Issues
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
BofA/Merrill Lynch downgraded Sonic Auto (NYSE: SAH) from Buy to Underperform with a price target of $27.00 (from $39.00) saying Q2 results showed fundamental execution issues.
Analyst John Murphy cited: 1) Sonic continually underperforms its publicly traded dealer peers (ABG, AN, GPI, LAD and PAG) on same-store sales growth in several categories, and 2) Sonic’s SG&A expense has been rising faster than its gross profit growth, resulting in negative flow-through for the last two quarters and only 6% flow-through in 2013).
The firm lowered 2014 from $2.10 to $1.99, 2015 from $2.60 to $2.15 and 2016 from $2.95 to $2.40.
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $26.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Downgrades Walgreen (WAG) to Neutral
- Health Net (HNT) Still Cheapest Way to Play Medicaid, Jefferies Says; PT to $65
- Red Hat (RHT) PT, Estimates Raised at Northland Capital Markets Post Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!