BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades Sonic Auto (SAH) to Underperform; Execution Issues
- Market Wrap: Apple's New iPhone Pre-Order Sales Record; Microsoft 'Digs Up' Key Acquisition; Tesla Slumps on Cautious Comments
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/15: (DRYS) (DSX) (FONR) Higher; (COOL) (OPXA) (GST) Lower (more...)
- Apple (AAPL) Announces Record iPhone 6/6+ Pre-Orders
- Momo Stocks Whacked; Is It Alibaba Related or Something Bigger?
- UPDATE: Alibaba (BABA) Raises IPO Price to $66 to $68/Share
BofA/Merrill Lynch downgraded Sonic Auto (NYSE: SAH) from Buy to Underperform with a price target of $27.00 (from $39.00) saying Q2 results showed fundamental execution issues.
Analyst John Murphy cited: 1) Sonic continually underperforms its publicly traded dealer peers (ABG, AN, GPI, LAD and PAG) on same-store sales growth in several categories, and 2) Sonic’s SG&A expense has been rising faster than its gross profit growth, resulting in negative flow-through for the last two quarters and only 6% flow-through in 2013).
The firm lowered 2014 from $2.10 to $1.99, 2015 from $2.60 to $2.15 and 2016 from $2.95 to $2.40.
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $26.19 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades JetBlue Airways (JBLU) to Underperform
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades DDR Corp. (DDR) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Starts Navios Maritime Partners (NMM) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!