BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades Sonic Auto (SAH) to Underperform; Execution Issues
- With U.S. Fed Taking Foot Off the Pedal, BoJ and Japan's Pension Fund Accelerate
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/31: (IMPV) (GCAP) (GRPN) Higher; (AEGR) (ADNC) (RM) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 18c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 12c
- UPDATE: Virgin Galactic Reports Anomaly with Spaceship Two; One Fatality Confirmed
BofA/Merrill Lynch downgraded Sonic Auto (NYSE: SAH) from Buy to Underperform with a price target of $27.00 (from $39.00) saying Q2 results showed fundamental execution issues.
Analyst John Murphy cited: 1) Sonic continually underperforms its publicly traded dealer peers (ABG, AN, GPI, LAD and PAG) on same-store sales growth in several categories, and 2) Sonic’s SG&A expense has been rising faster than its gross profit growth, resulting in negative flow-through for the last two quarters and only 6% flow-through in 2013).
The firm lowered 2014 from $2.10 to $1.99, 2015 from $2.60 to $2.15 and 2016 from $2.95 to $2.40.
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $26.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Midcoast Energy Partners, L.P. (MEP) to Neutral
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Ultra Petroleum (UPL) to Neutral
- Western Union (WU) PT Raised to $18 at Nomura Post Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!