BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades Sonic Auto (SAH) to Underperform; Execution Issues
- Lumber Liquidators (LL) Slammed Again as Senator Call for Federal Investigation
- McDonald's (MCD) Food Quality Improvements Seen as Important Part of Turnaround
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 3/4: (IFON) (NVGN) (PHMD) Higher; (BV) (CYCC) (BOBE) Lower
- ADP Employment Change 212K vs 219K Expected
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Misses Q4 EPS by 2c; Comps Fell 10%; Provides FY15 Outlook
BofA/Merrill Lynch downgraded Sonic Auto (NYSE: SAH) from Buy to Underperform with a price target of $27.00 (from $39.00) saying Q2 results showed fundamental execution issues.
Analyst John Murphy cited: 1) Sonic continually underperforms its publicly traded dealer peers (ABG, AN, GPI, LAD and PAG) on same-store sales growth in several categories, and 2) Sonic’s SG&A expense has been rising faster than its gross profit growth, resulting in negative flow-through for the last two quarters and only 6% flow-through in 2013).
The firm lowered 2014 from $2.10 to $1.99, 2015 from $2.60 to $2.15 and 2016 from $2.95 to $2.40.
Shares of Sonic Auto closed at $26.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Downgrades LKQ Corp. (LKQ) to Neutral
- ZELTIQ Aesthetics (ZLTQ) PT Lifted to $39 at Canaccord Genuity Post Q4
- Best Buy (BBY) Target Lifted to $45 at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Post Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMerrill Lynch, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!