BlackBerry (BBRY) Q2 Release Contains No Bombshells, Thinks Analyst
- Top 10 News for 5/23 - 5/27: Computer Sciences to Acquire Key Enterprise Asset; Bayer Makes Run at Monsanto; Twitter has 'Character' Change
- Wall Street puts finishing touch on best week since March
- Marketo (MKTO) Deal Talk to Force Microsoft's (MSFT) Big Wallet Into Action
- Thermo Fisher (TMO) to Acquire FEI Company (FEIC) in ~$4.2B Deal
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Rejected Joint Takeda, TPG Takeover Approach - WSJ
"The key question is whether there are issues that could cause a snag in Fairfax’s due diligence, in our view. While the company’s MD&A filing may provide more color, based on the company's earnings, we do not believe there is," said Um.
"Although BBRY’s unencumbered by debt, we do note a ~$500MM reduction in cash and equivalents that is concerning. Given that BBRY plans to restructure and wants to assume ~$2B in leverage, we are of the belief that the company should sell certain of the assets it has (like parts of its $1.3B in buildings/leasehold improvements/other) to bolster its cash position. We believe that Fairfax being a sophisticated investor is likely cognizant of this issue and will address it appropriately to stem further erosion in the company’s liquidity," added the analyst.
Wells Fargo has a Market Perform rating on BlackBerry with a price target of $8 to $9.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.95 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $7.75 to $17.22.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Remains Sidelined on Ulta Salon (ULTA) - PT to $230
- Piper Jaffray Remains Bullish on Palo Alto Networks (PANW) Following 3Q - PT to $167
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) Following 1Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!