BlackBerry (BBRY) Q2 Release Contains No Bombshells, Thinks Analyst
- Wall St. loses ground on growth fears, oil slide
- Exclusive: Pfizer approaches Medivation about potential takeover - sources
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 5/3: (ECTE) (RYAM) (AXTI) Higher; (CUR) (ONDK) (WAC) Lower
- Zillow Group, Inc. (ZG) Misses Q1 EPS by 4c, Sales Beat; Issues Sales Guidance Above the Street
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/03: (GKOS) (ETSY) (NTRI) (MDVN) Higher; (CRAY) (SYRG) (GLUU) (RLYP) Lower (more...)
"The key question is whether there are issues that could cause a snag in Fairfax’s due diligence, in our view. While the company’s MD&A filing may provide more color, based on the company's earnings, we do not believe there is," said Um.
"Although BBRY’s unencumbered by debt, we do note a ~$500MM reduction in cash and equivalents that is concerning. Given that BBRY plans to restructure and wants to assume ~$2B in leverage, we are of the belief that the company should sell certain of the assets it has (like parts of its $1.3B in buildings/leasehold improvements/other) to bolster its cash position. We believe that Fairfax being a sophisticated investor is likely cognizant of this issue and will address it appropriately to stem further erosion in the company’s liquidity," added the analyst.
Wells Fargo has a Market Perform rating on BlackBerry with a price target of $8 to $9.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.95 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $7.75 to $17.22.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FBR Capital Downgrades On Deck Capital (ONDK) to Market Perform
- Needham & Company Raises price Target on Cognex Corp (CGNX) Following Solid 1Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Remains Sidelined as Timing Impacts Edison International's (NYSE: EIX) EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!