BlackBerry (BBRY) Q2 Release Contains No Bombshells, Thinks Analyst
- Merck KGaA to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich (SIAL) in $17B Deal
- Apple (AAPL) First Weekend iPhone 6/6+ Sales Top 10 Million Units
- Traders Should Be Especially Nervous This Week - Art Cashin
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 9/22: (VIAS) (SIAL) (CNET) Higher; (CRR) (INVN) (YHOO) Lower (more...)
- Siemens to Acquire Dresser-Rand Group (DRC) in $7.6 Billion Deal
"The key question is whether there are issues that could cause a snag in Fairfax’s due diligence, in our view. While the company’s MD&A filing may provide more color, based on the company's earnings, we do not believe there is," said Um.
"Although BBRY’s unencumbered by debt, we do note a ~$500MM reduction in cash and equivalents that is concerning. Given that BBRY plans to restructure and wants to assume ~$2B in leverage, we are of the belief that the company should sell certain of the assets it has (like parts of its $1.3B in buildings/leasehold improvements/other) to bolster its cash position. We believe that Fairfax being a sophisticated investor is likely cognizant of this issue and will address it appropriately to stem further erosion in the company’s liquidity," added the analyst.
Wells Fargo has a Market Perform rating on BlackBerry with a price target of $8 to $9.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.95 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $7.75 to $17.22.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Previews BlackBerry's (BBRY) Q2
- TD Securities Upgrades Enerplus (ERF) to Action List Buy
- UPDATE: Northland Capital Markets Starts Primo Water Corporation (PRMW) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!