BlackBerry (BBRY) Q2 Release Contains No Bombshells, Thinks Analyst
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
"The key question is whether there are issues that could cause a snag in Fairfax’s due diligence, in our view. While the company’s MD&A filing may provide more color, based on the company's earnings, we do not believe there is," said Um.
"Although BBRY’s unencumbered by debt, we do note a ~$500MM reduction in cash and equivalents that is concerning. Given that BBRY plans to restructure and wants to assume ~$2B in leverage, we are of the belief that the company should sell certain of the assets it has (like parts of its $1.3B in buildings/leasehold improvements/other) to bolster its cash position. We believe that Fairfax being a sophisticated investor is likely cognizant of this issue and will address it appropriately to stem further erosion in the company’s liquidity," added the analyst.
Wells Fargo has a Market Perform rating on BlackBerry with a price target of $8 to $9.
For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) click here. For more ratings news on BlackBerry click here.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.95 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $7.75 to $17.22.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!