BlackBerry (BBRY): Risk To Consensus Revenue Estimates - Wells Fargo
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) but thinks the street's revenue modeling is too agressive and margins are not high enough.
The analyst sees risk to Street’s $391MM revenue forecast (Wells Fargo: $371MM), due to lower hardware revenue ($118MM versus Street’s $153MM) on limited traction of DTEK50 (sales into non-carrier channels are recognized on sell-through).
However, he sees upside potential to Street EPS of -$0.05 (Wells Fargo: -$0.03) on higher gross margin (Wells Fargo: 59.1%, Street: 51.9%, guidance: around 50%) due to on-going benefits from the IP payment roll off in FQ2 and potentially better opex management.
SAF declines are the key headwind to Software transition story. SAF revs will continue to decline as BB7 users decrease while costs are relatively fixed, impacting gross margins. We expect the lower SAF profits will more than offset higher profits from Software with the crossover not expected until FQ3 2018.
No change to the valuation range of $7.25 to $8.00 based on a FY17 sum of the parts of 4.0x for Software plus net cash.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Apple (AAPL) Said to Develop Car Operating System in Canada; BlackBerry (BBRY) Said to Lose Engineers to Project - Bloomberg
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Exelon Corp. (EXC) Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!