BlackBerry (BBRY): Debt Redemption Has Slight Positive EPS Impact - Wells Fargo
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, maintained his Market Perform rating on shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) after the company announced that it plans to redeem its entire 6% convertible debt of $1.245B by September 2. BBRY is to redeem the debt at 106.7213%. BBRY announced that it will issue $605MM of unsecured convertible debt at 3.75% due November 13, 2020 by September 2, 2016. The 3.75% debt is identical to the 6% debt except the 3.75% debt is not redeemable prior to its maturity. The new debt can be convertible at $10/share and upon conversion would be 11.57% of common shares.
Relative to the analyst's expectations, BBRY will be redeeming its debt roughly two months earlier (than its call date of November 13, 2016) albeit at a 2.7% higher premium (the analyst had expected a 4% premium). The net result to F17 EPS is an increase of 2c [Street: ($0.17)] as the higher premium and new debt is offset by the earlier redemption.
No change to the valuation range of price target of $7.25 - $8.00.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Web.com, Inc. (WEB) PT Raised to $25 at BWS Financial Ahead of 4Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!