BlackBerry (BBRY): Debt Redemption Has Slight Positive EPS Impact - Wells Fargo
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, maintained his Market Perform rating on shares of BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) after the company announced that it plans to redeem its entire 6% convertible debt of $1.245B by September 2. BBRY is to redeem the debt at 106.7213%. BBRY announced that it will issue $605MM of unsecured convertible debt at 3.75% due November 13, 2020 by September 2, 2016. The 3.75% debt is identical to the 6% debt except the 3.75% debt is not redeemable prior to its maturity. The new debt can be convertible at $10/share and upon conversion would be 11.57% of common shares.
Relative to the analyst's expectations, BBRY will be redeeming its debt roughly two months earlier (than its call date of November 13, 2016) albeit at a 2.7% higher premium (the analyst had expected a 4% premium). The net result to F17 EPS is an increase of 2c [Street: ($0.17)] as the higher premium and new debt is offset by the earlier redemption.
No change to the valuation range of price target of $7.25 - $8.00.
Shares of BlackBerry closed at $7.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on NeuroDerm (NDRM) to $30 After Meeting with FDA
- Guggenheim Cuts Price Target on Michaels Cos. (MIK) to $30; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!