Bj's Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI): Cutting Valuation Range - Wells Fargo
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Jeff Farmer, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of BJ's Restaurants (NASDAQ: BJRI) but cut the valuation range midpoint to $38 from $39 after 3Q16 confirmed fears of a significant slowdown in BJRI’s top-line. The company pointed to modestly improving 4Q-to-date same-store sales (SSS) while reducing its near-term unit growth forecast which the analyst sees as "slight positives from an otherwise underwhelming report".
BJRI posted 3Q16 EPS of $0.30, a penny below our estimate and $0.03 below the Street, on a 3.4% SSS decline (lower mix from lunch, election drag, a difficult CA lap) and 210bps store-level margin contraction.
The valuation range drops to $37-39 from $38-$40 and equates to 7.0-7.5x 2017E EBITDA.
Shares of BJ's Restaurants closed at $35.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Following Analyst Day
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Ahead of 4Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $70; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesWells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!