Biogen's (BIIB) Aducanumab Appears Further De-Risked - Jefferies
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jefferies analyst Brian Abrahams saying Biogen's (NASDAQ: BIIB) aducanumab appears to be further de-risked based tidbit tucked away at the very brief PR the company issued yesterday evening on Fast Track status.
"... we believe new data from the ph.Ib dose titration arms is confirming aducanumab's efficacy observed in the prior arms, helping additionally de-risk the program," Abrahams said.
Abrahams expects upside for shares on this development.
The analyst notes a clear suggestions that efficacy data from the additional titration arms is looking good. "d: Recall BIIB had previously reported promising data from the ph.Ib aducanumab fixed-dose arms (1, 3, 6, and 10mg/kg) in the past, and had added two dose-titration arms to the study to try and reduce the ARIA side effect. The company had committed to presenting the safety data from these arms at a medical meeting later this year, but had seemed uncertain as to when and where they would provide efficacy data, given the potential difficulty in interpreting a relatively small dataset (particularly, smaller numbers of pts on placebo). Notably, in today's PR, the company not only committed to presenting efficacy data at an upcoming meeting, but specifically said that the interim look shows the "efficacy... [was] consistent with results previously reported," and we had the opportunity to speak with the company about this. We believe this is a significant development, as it indicates they are observing cognitive and/or beta-amyloid benefits in additional arms -- reaffirming its potential activity despite the questions raised by the murkier 6mg results and supporting the likelihood the antibody will ultimately show efficacy (though part of the decision to release full efficacy/safety data together later this year could also be from the increased attention to the drug spurred by yesterday's Nature cover article)."
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $319 on BIIB.
Shares of Biogen closed at $306.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Weakens as CEO Retirement Said to Hint That Sale is Off
- Spark Therapeutics (ONCE) SPK-9001 FIX Levels Still Best-in-Class But More Steroid Use - Jefferies
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) Scleroderma Day Offers Compelling Data - Maxim Group
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!