Biogen (BIIB) PT Lowered to $355 at Leerink Partners on Reduced Aducanumab Probability of Success
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Geoffrey Porges reduced Aducanumab probability of success and cut his price target on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) price target of $355.00 (from $365.00) after Lilly announced on Wednesday that the EXPEDITION 3 study of solanezumab (sola) in mild Alzheimer's patients did not meet its primary or secondary endpoints, and while there was a trend in favor of the active arm, the effect was marginal, particularly given the size and sensitivity of the study. The firm maintained an Outperform rating on Biogen.
Porges commented, "Realistically this has to reduce our confidence in the “amyloid hypothesis” but we continue to believe that aducanumab has a substantially different profile than sola, and should benefit from a more rigorous trial design, with earlier stage patients, higher drug exposure and more complete case confirmation. Nevertheless we believe it is appropriate to reduce our probability of success for aducanumab to 35%, from the prior 65%; this change is substantially offset by the lower level of expected competition in the beta amyloid antibody class. Given that we know Lilly won’t be participating, the share available to Biogen/Eisai will certainly be larger, if their trials are successful."
Shares of Biogen closed at $305.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB) Phase 3 Data on SPINRAZA Shows Significantly Reduced Risk of Death in SMA
- Lam Research (LRCX): Raising PT Ahead of Earnings - RBC
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to $72; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!