Biogen (BIIB) PT Lowered to $355 at Leerink Partners on Reduced Aducanumab Probability of Success
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Geoffrey Porges reduced Aducanumab probability of success and cut his price target on Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) price target of $355.00 (from $365.00) after Lilly announced on Wednesday that the EXPEDITION 3 study of solanezumab (sola) in mild Alzheimer's patients did not meet its primary or secondary endpoints, and while there was a trend in favor of the active arm, the effect was marginal, particularly given the size and sensitivity of the study. The firm maintained an Outperform rating on Biogen.
Porges commented, "Realistically this has to reduce our confidence in the “amyloid hypothesis” but we continue to believe that aducanumab has a substantially different profile than sola, and should benefit from a more rigorous trial design, with earlier stage patients, higher drug exposure and more complete case confirmation. Nevertheless we believe it is appropriate to reduce our probability of success for aducanumab to 35%, from the prior 65%; this change is substantially offset by the lower level of expected competition in the beta amyloid antibody class. Given that we know Lilly won’t be participating, the share available to Biogen/Eisai will certainly be larger, if their trials are successful."
Shares of Biogen closed at $305.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Biogen (BIIB), Biotechs Gain Mid-Day
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!