Biogen (BIIB): Trading Opportunity Into December - BMO
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Ian Somaiya, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) after hosting an expert call that may present a trading opportunity. The expert argued that the evidence supporting the amyloid hypothesis of AD outweighs the evidence that undercuts it, but suggested that patient selection and trial design/execution key to demonstrating benefit to support regulatory approval.
He went on to estimate that Lilly's EXPEDITION-3 trial has a ~60% probability of success, with BIIB’s aducanumab >70% as long as rates of ARIA-E can be reduced with titration. The analyst believes that this presents a possible trading opportunity in BIIB with sola Phase 3 and aducanumab titration data (both in December).
No change to the price target of $304.
Shares of Biogen closed at $313.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Biogen (BIIB), Biotechs Gain Mid-Day
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
- Stifel Reiterates Buy on Casella Waste Systems (CWST) - PT to $16
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!