Biogen (BIIB): Mature MS Business - Leerink
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) but cut his price target to $361 from $367 after Biogen reported 3Q results with flat (reported) to declining (net of one-time items) MS market results and unfavorable underlying business trends.
Reported revenue was just above consensus (+2%) but would likely have been just in line apart from favorable inventory and gross-to-net adjustments. EPS beat consensus by 4% driven largely by favorable variances in R&D and SG&A.
The company maintained previous mid-year 2016 revenue guidance of $11.2-$11.4bn and GAAP EPS guidance of $18.10-$18.40, both of which appear beatable with these one-time items. The company has now transitioned to a guidance schedule of updates every six months.
No update was provided about the CEO search other than to confirm the process is very active with multiple candidates being considered by the board of directors and search committee
Shares of Biogen closed at $296.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Time (TIME): Stuck Until A Deal Is Announced - Wells Fargo
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!