BioMarin Pharma (BMRN): Executing Well But For How Long - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Joshua Schimmer, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) as the company continues to execute and transition to (non-GAAP) profitability. The analyst believes BMRN is well positioned for NT growth as Kuvan and Vimizim continue to grow, along with Batten's positioned to launch next year.
Valuation, on the other hand, seems lofty, as there is still risk in key pipeline programs (hemophilia A gene therapy, vosoritide for achondroplasia, and pegvaliase PKU) that may be underappreciated.
The base business continues to perform well and the Batten's program appears well positioned to add another layer of growth. We do note many of the company's programs still retain some level of theoretical risk, including hemophilia A (thrombosis/regulatory, competitive dynamics), vosoritide (strength of effect with no placebo), pegvaliase (immune complexes) which appear underappreciated by investors. That said, consensus estimates do not have substantial contribution from these products and probably underestimate margin expansion opportunities.
Shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. closed at $93.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Cowen Raises Price Target on GigOptix (GIG) to $4 Following 4Q Pre-announcement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!