BioMarin Pharma (BMRN): Executing Well But For How Long - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Joshua Schimmer, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) as the company continues to execute and transition to (non-GAAP) profitability. The analyst believes BMRN is well positioned for NT growth as Kuvan and Vimizim continue to grow, along with Batten's positioned to launch next year.
Valuation, on the other hand, seems lofty, as there is still risk in key pipeline programs (hemophilia A gene therapy, vosoritide for achondroplasia, and pegvaliase PKU) that may be underappreciated.
The base business continues to perform well and the Batten's program appears well positioned to add another layer of growth. We do note many of the company's programs still retain some level of theoretical risk, including hemophilia A (thrombosis/regulatory, competitive dynamics), vosoritide (strength of effect with no placebo), pegvaliase (immune complexes) which appear underappreciated by investors. That said, consensus estimates do not have substantial contribution from these products and probably underestimate margin expansion opportunities.
Shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. closed at $93.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!