BioMarin Pharma (BMRN): Executing Well But For How Long - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Joshua Schimmer, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ: BMRN) as the company continues to execute and transition to (non-GAAP) profitability. The analyst believes BMRN is well positioned for NT growth as Kuvan and Vimizim continue to grow, along with Batten's positioned to launch next year.
Valuation, on the other hand, seems lofty, as there is still risk in key pipeline programs (hemophilia A gene therapy, vosoritide for achondroplasia, and pegvaliase PKU) that may be underappreciated.
The base business continues to perform well and the Batten's program appears well positioned to add another layer of growth. We do note many of the company's programs still retain some level of theoretical risk, including hemophilia A (thrombosis/regulatory, competitive dynamics), vosoritide (strength of effect with no placebo), pegvaliase (immune complexes) which appear underappreciated by investors. That said, consensus estimates do not have substantial contribution from these products and probably underestimate margin expansion opportunities.
Shares of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. closed at $93.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!