Best Buy (BBY): Earnings Preview, Challenges Ahead - Wedbush
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Michael Pachter, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) ahead of Q2:17 on Tuesday, August 23. The analyst expects declining sales which should present a more formidable headwind going forward along with elusive cost cuts. Management has done an impressive job controlling promotional activity to offset weak traffic, and continuing share repurchases have boosted earnings. However, the analyst expects a return to persistent comp declines due to a lack of compelling new products, and believes cost cuts are approaching a limit, leaving Best Buy few options to drive EPS growth in FY:17 and beyond.
No change to the price target of $20.50
Shares of Best Buy closed at $33.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!