Best Buy (BBY): Earnings Preview, Challenges Ahead - Wedbush
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Michael Pachter, reiterated his Underperform rating on shares of Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) ahead of Q2:17 on Tuesday, August 23. The analyst expects declining sales which should present a more formidable headwind going forward along with elusive cost cuts. Management has done an impressive job controlling promotional activity to offset weak traffic, and continuing share repurchases have boosted earnings. However, the analyst expects a return to persistent comp declines due to a lack of compelling new products, and believes cost cuts are approaching a limit, leaving Best Buy few options to drive EPS growth in FY:17 and beyond.
No change to the price target of $20.50
Shares of Best Buy closed at $33.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Short Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!