Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi weighed in on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone ASPs, saying they believe iPhone 7's product line-up is poised to strengthen Apple's ASPs.
Sacconaghi cited price increase on the 7-plus, higher storage configurations on its "jet black" offerings, and an expected mix shift to the 7-plus due to its enhanced functionality.
On net, the firm's detailed bottom-up analysis indicates that iPhone ASP could increase from its recent lows of $595 in FQ3 16 to $679 in FQ1 17. As such, they believe that consensus ASP estimates for iPhone 7 ASPs of $659 may be too conservative.
"We view potential iPhone ASP strength as an additional cushion to FQ1 consensus revenue estimates – collectively, the December quarter's additional week and potentially higher ASPs could add >10% to iPhone revenues YoY," the analyst said. "We continue to view the risk reward on AAPL as favorable and the stock as an attractive re-valuation opportunity going into the iPhone 7S/8 cycles."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $125 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $113.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) October weekly volatility elevated into Q4 and outlook
- Apple (AAPL) said unlikely to bid for Time Warner (TWX) - Bloomberg
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesSanford C. Bernstein, Toni Sacconaghi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!