Bernstein's Sacconaghi Sees Stronger Apple (AAPL) iPhone ASPs
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi weighed in on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone ASPs, saying they believe iPhone 7's product line-up is poised to strengthen Apple's ASPs.
Sacconaghi cited price increase on the 7-plus, higher storage configurations on its "jet black" offerings, and an expected mix shift to the 7-plus due to its enhanced functionality.
On net, the firm's detailed bottom-up analysis indicates that iPhone ASP could increase from its recent lows of $595 in FQ3 16 to $679 in FQ1 17. As such, they believe that consensus ASP estimates for iPhone 7 ASPs of $659 may be too conservative.
"We view potential iPhone ASP strength as an additional cushion to FQ1 consensus revenue estimates – collectively, the December quarter's additional week and potentially higher ASPs could add >10% to iPhone revenues YoY," the analyst said. "We continue to view the risk reward on AAPL as favorable and the stock as an attractive re-valuation opportunity going into the iPhone 7S/8 cycles."
The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $125 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $113.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesSanford C. Bernstein, Toni Sacconaghi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!