Berenberg Upgrades Reynolds American (RAI) to Buy
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Berenberg upgraded Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Jonathan Leinster commented, " Following the recent underperformance of the stock we move from a Hold to a Buy with an unchanged price target of $54/share. We estimate average adjusted EPS growth over 2017-18 of 9-10% pa, and the stock offers a c4% dividend yield, also growing at 9-10% pa. Although market share growth may have been slightly less than some observers originally expected, that share growth is coming from the most profitable brands (Newport and Natural American Spirit), and price/mix within the market remains strong. Higher MSA and FDA costs will occur in 2017, but the full synergy benefits of the merger will only be felt in Q4 2016, the “political engagement” costs will cease in Q4 and price/mix remains strong. Hence we still believe 2017 should see strong margin growth, though industry volume decline rates will move back to their historical average (-3.5%). In the long term it is, in our view, possible that British American Tobacco will look to buy out the 58% it does not already own."
Shares of Reynolds American closed at $47.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades PACCAR (PCAR) to Outperform
- Pandora (P): Preannouncement Is Substantial Surprise - FBR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!