Berenberg Upgrades Reynolds American (RAI) to Buy
- Wall Street set to open higher; Dow to hit record level
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/06: (TXMD) (IL) (GPRO) Higher; (SB) (MIK) (CMG) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Berenberg upgraded Reynolds American (NYSE: RAI) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $54.00.
Analyst Jonathan Leinster commented, " Following the recent underperformance of the stock we move from a Hold to a Buy with an unchanged price target of $54/share. We estimate average adjusted EPS growth over 2017-18 of 9-10% pa, and the stock offers a c4% dividend yield, also growing at 9-10% pa. Although market share growth may have been slightly less than some observers originally expected, that share growth is coming from the most profitable brands (Newport and Natural American Spirit), and price/mix within the market remains strong. Higher MSA and FDA costs will occur in 2017, but the full synergy benefits of the merger will only be felt in Q4 2016, the “political engagement” costs will cease in Q4 and price/mix remains strong. Hence we still believe 2017 should see strong margin growth, though industry volume decline rates will move back to their historical average (-3.5%). In the long term it is, in our view, possible that British American Tobacco will look to buy out the 58% it does not already own."
Shares of Reynolds American closed at $47.17 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Buy
- OCI N.V. Offers to Acquire Remaining OCI Partners (OCIP) Common Units
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!