Berenberg Starts Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) at Sell
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Volkswagen AG (OTC: VLKAY) with a Sell rating.
Analyst Alexander Haissl commented, "We re-initiate coverage of Volkswagen (VW) with a Sell rating and a price target of €98 – restructuring not meaningful: In our view, the Future Pact (“Zukunftspakt”) announced on 18 October is more of realignment rather than a meaningful restructuring, which the market had hoped for. The agreements struck by VW with the unions and German government underpinned the fact that meaningful changes and restructuring are difficult to implement. Targeted savings are not enough to improve VW’s cost-competitiveness (personnel expenses are 400bp above the sector average) in a more meaningful way and may at best offset its excessive labour cost inflation (200bp above the sector average). VW’s weak cash flow generation (excluding JVs) is a concern, particularly given increasing cycle risks and committed investments in new technologies. Thus, the net industrial cash balance of more than €30bn (end of September 2016) may not be as safe as it appears."
Shares of Volkswagen AG closed at $27.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!