Berenberg Starts Kinross Gold (KGC) at Hold
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Kinross Gold (NYSE: KGC) with a Hold rating and a price target of $4.60.
Analyst Yuriy Vlasov commented, "Kinross produces 2.6moz of gold a year (2015), making it one of the main global gold producers. Managed from its headquarters in Toronto, Canada, Kinross’s global operations are split into three geographical clusters: Americas (US, Brazil and Chile), West Africa (Ghana, Mauritania) and Russia. The company plans to grow its 2016 production to 2.7-2.8moz, which we see as achievable at the lower end of the guidance range. Kinross’s stock trades at an attractive 2016-17 EV/EBITDA of 5.3-6.3x but the lack of dividend payments and the strong stock performance (+133%, ytd) counterbalance its investment appeal. We therefore initiate coverage with a Hold rating."
He added, "Kinross holds 30.8moz of attributable gold reserves, with an average head grade of 0.7g/t. We consider this to be low compared with other gold players under our coverage. In March 2016, the company announced its decision to proceed with the phase-one expansion of its Tasiast mine in Mauritania. It plans to expand the current mill capacity by 50% to 3.9mtpa and lift annual gold production to 409koz (219koz in 2015). Although we understand the rationale behind this project, we question whether it can attain the projected production cost of $535/oz for 2018 – the mine posted Q2 2016 production costs of $1,240/oz. "
Shares of Kinross Gold closed at $4.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!