Berenberg Starts Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Buy, $112 PT
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a Buy rating and a price target of $112.00.
Analyst Laura Sutcliffe commented, "After a three-year period when revenues tripled, driven by sales of Gilead’s Hepatitis C (HCV) drugs which revolutionised care in this area, earnings are set to flatten. HCV sales have peaked. Faster-than-expected drop-off has fuelled disappointment and a fall in the share price of 22% ytd. We believe that the shares have retreated too far and are now meaningfully undervalued."
She added, "The Hepatitis C business will remain highly cash generative: HCV sales grew from nothing in 2012, to over $19bn last year. This represents peak sales as many of the sickest patients have now been treated, but a large pool remains. We forecast a steeper decline than consensus but still see the HCV franchise bringing in over $10bn in 2019. This part of the business is very profitable with margins over 90% and we think it can generate $49bn of cumulative EBIT between 2016 and 2020."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $78.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) to $91 Following Better Than Expected 3Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!