Berenberg Starts Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Buy, $112 PT
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a Buy rating and a price target of $112.00.
Analyst Laura Sutcliffe commented, "After a three-year period when revenues tripled, driven by sales of Gilead’s Hepatitis C (HCV) drugs which revolutionised care in this area, earnings are set to flatten. HCV sales have peaked. Faster-than-expected drop-off has fuelled disappointment and a fall in the share price of 22% ytd. We believe that the shares have retreated too far and are now meaningfully undervalued."
She added, "The Hepatitis C business will remain highly cash generative: HCV sales grew from nothing in 2012, to over $19bn last year. This represents peak sales as many of the sickest patients have now been treated, but a large pool remains. We forecast a steeper decline than consensus but still see the HCV franchise bringing in over $10bn in 2019. This part of the business is very profitable with margins over 90% and we think it can generate $49bn of cumulative EBIT between 2016 and 2020."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $78.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!