Berenberg Starts General Motors (GM) at Sell; Shareholder Returns at Risk
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on General Motors (NYSE: GM) with a Sell rating and a price target of $29.00, saying shareholder returns are at risk.
Analyst Alexander Haissl commented, "Doing the right things, but shareholder returns at risk: We initiate coverage of General Motors (GM) with a Sell rating and $29 price target because we believe that the market’s expectations of sustained high shareholder returns are unlikely to be met. Share buybacks and dividends have somewhat offset the overall cycle worries, but we think buybacks are unsustainable beyond 2016. Although management is making the right strategic decisions, we see few reasons for excitement at this stage. However, we believe GM is better positioned relative to Ford."
Shares of General Motors closed at $33.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Owens Corning (OC) at Buy
- RBC says 'Trump-onomics' has Reset Industrial Expansion Clock - (HDS) (WCC) (GWW) (MMM)
- Oppenheimer Assumes Teva Pharma (TEVA) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!