Berenberg Starts General Motors (GM) at Sell; Shareholder Returns at Risk
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on General Motors (NYSE: GM) with a Sell rating and a price target of $29.00, saying shareholder returns are at risk.
Analyst Alexander Haissl commented, "Doing the right things, but shareholder returns at risk: We initiate coverage of General Motors (GM) with a Sell rating and $29 price target because we believe that the market’s expectations of sustained high shareholder returns are unlikely to be met. Share buybacks and dividends have somewhat offset the overall cycle worries, but we think buybacks are unsustainable beyond 2016. Although management is making the right strategic decisions, we see few reasons for excitement at this stage. However, we believe GM is better positioned relative to Ford."
Shares of General Motors closed at $33.01 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- BTIG Starts VASCO Data Security (VDSI) at Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!