Berenberg Starts Ford (F) at Sell
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Ford (NYSE: F) with a Sell rating and a price target of $10.00.
Analyst Alexander Haissl commented, "We initiate coverage with a Sell rating and a price target of $10 – cycle worries well flagged, but risk on shareholder returns overlooked: We expect the stock to continue its de-rating, as we see meaningful risks to shareholder returns driven by lower operating cash flows and higher investments. Supplemental dividend payments, such as that seen in 2016, are unlikely, as not even the common dividend of $0.60/year is covered, on our 2017 estimates (taking pension payments into account). Contrary to management’s view, we see risk to potential cash inflows from Ford Credit given leverage above the company’s target range and deterioration in profitability. Ford’s current industrial cash balance of $24.3bn is above the target of $20bn, but we view uncovered returns as unsustainable."
Shares of Ford closed at $11.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Plug Power (PLUG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!