Berenberg Starts Emerson (EMR) at Sell
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Emerson (NYSE: EMR) with a Sell rating and a price target of $41.00.
Analyst Simon Toennessen commented, "Following significant portfolio changes in recent months, we expect material downgrades to consensus (~20% for FY 2017 EPS) as the street moves to pro-forma numbers. In addition, a combination of: a) further cyclical pressure particularly from the oil and gas sector; b) lack of future transformative M&A; c) a more lacklustre dividend outlook; and d) FY 2017 valuation levels that sit more than 50% above the historical average (on pro-forma numbers) does not make us optimistic about Emerson shares."
Shares of Emerson closed at $54.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- UBS Raises Price Target on Lowe's Cos. (LOW) Following Analyst Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!