Berenberg Starts Emerson (EMR) at Sell
- Wall Street flat as Microsoft rallies
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Emerson (NYSE: EMR) with a Sell rating and a price target of $41.00.
Analyst Simon Toennessen commented, "Following significant portfolio changes in recent months, we expect material downgrades to consensus (~20% for FY 2017 EPS) as the street moves to pro-forma numbers. In addition, a combination of: a) further cyclical pressure particularly from the oil and gas sector; b) lack of future transformative M&A; c) a more lacklustre dividend outlook; and d) FY 2017 valuation levels that sit more than 50% above the historical average (on pro-forma numbers) does not make us optimistic about Emerson shares."
Shares of Emerson closed at $54.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!