Berenberg Starts Emerson (EMR) at Sell
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Emerson (NYSE: EMR) with a Sell rating and a price target of $41.00.
Analyst Simon Toennessen commented, "Following significant portfolio changes in recent months, we expect material downgrades to consensus (~20% for FY 2017 EPS) as the street moves to pro-forma numbers. In addition, a combination of: a) further cyclical pressure particularly from the oil and gas sector; b) lack of future transformative M&A; c) a more lacklustre dividend outlook; and d) FY 2017 valuation levels that sit more than 50% above the historical average (on pro-forma numbers) does not make us optimistic about Emerson shares."
Shares of Emerson closed at $54.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) at Hold
- Oppenheimer Starts Portola Pharmaceuticals (PTLA) at Perform
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts Woodward (WWD) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!