Berenberg Starts Barrick Gold (ABX) at Sell
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Berenberg initiates coverage on Barrick Gold (NYSE: ABX) with a Sell rating and a price target of $15.20.
Analyst Yuriy Vlasov commented, "Barrick is the world’s largest gold producer, generating 6.1moz of gold and 511mlb of copper a year (2015). Barrick is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and its shares are listed in New York and Toronto. The company’s operational assets are scattered across the globe, from Canada to Australia. Although Barrick is valued in line with the gold sector (2016 EV/EBITDA of 7.6x), we believe its gold production is set to decline over the next three years, capping FCF/dividends and leaving the stock at the mercy of price fluctuations."
He added, "The core Barrick assets, located in the US, Canada and South America, contribute 65% of its gold production (2015). Among its other gold-producing assets, the company controls 63.9% (and consolidates the results) of African-based London-listed gold miner Acacia Mining. Barrick’s 2P reserve base contains 47.2moz of gold (attributable) with a head grade of 2.1g/t. While reporting 2015 results, Barrick guided for a 21% lower production-range target (4.6- 5.1moz, 2018). Capex, meanwhile, is set to grow by 14% over the same period."
Shares of Barrick Gold closed at $19.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barrick Gold (ABX) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Barrick Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!