Berenberg Downgrades Nucor (NUE) to Hold Citing Valuation after Sharp Rally
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Berenberg downgraded Nucor (NYSE: NUE) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $61.00 on valuation following the sharp rally.
Analyst Alessandro Abate commented, "After a sharp rally (+20.5%) since our upgrade note (Nucor: good entry point as steel prices rise; up to Buy dated 1 November), we now downgrade to Hold. While our 2017E price target rises to $61 (from $57), on the back of our EBITDA and EPS now at $2.62bn (+4.9%) and $3.16 (+7.4%), on our more optimistic view of both US structural steel and plate, the limited upside (5.9%) might trigger profit taking. In the long term, however, we see the stock as a great beneficiary from potential US infrastructure spending, given its exposure to the construction and energy sectors. In the short term, though, we believe that the now significantly less appealing risk/reward ratio will justify our downgrade."
Shares of Nucor closed at $58.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!