Berenberg Downgrades Nucor (NUE) to Hold Citing Valuation after Sharp Rally
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Berenberg downgraded Nucor (NYSE: NUE) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $61.00 on valuation following the sharp rally.
Analyst Alessandro Abate commented, "After a sharp rally (+20.5%) since our upgrade note (Nucor: good entry point as steel prices rise; up to Buy dated 1 November), we now downgrade to Hold. While our 2017E price target rises to $61 (from $57), on the back of our EBITDA and EPS now at $2.62bn (+4.9%) and $3.16 (+7.4%), on our more optimistic view of both US structural steel and plate, the limited upside (5.9%) might trigger profit taking. In the long term, however, we see the stock as a great beneficiary from potential US infrastructure spending, given its exposure to the construction and energy sectors. In the short term, though, we believe that the now significantly less appealing risk/reward ratio will justify our downgrade."
Shares of Nucor closed at $58.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!