Benchmark Upgrades Seagate Technology (STX) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Benchmark upgraded Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45. The change follows strong preliminary Q1 results.
"Seagate preannounced upside results for the September quarter. Seagate now expects to report revenue of approximately $2.8 billion, and GAAP and non-GAAP gross margin of approximately 29%. The Company expects to report HDD exabyte shipments of approximately 67 exabytes, reflecting unit shipments of approximately 39 million and average capacity per drive of 1.7 terabytes. Seagate’s prior guidance for the September quarter was for sales of $2.7 billion and nonGAAP gross margins of 27%," noted analyst Mark Miller.
"Higher margins in conjunction with the 8.5% sequential increase in Exabyte shipments, versus the 5.6% sequential increase in unit shipments, indicates to us that Seagate continues to benefit from strength in its Nearline drive sales, as also seen last quarter," continued the analsyt.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $37.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Lifted to $1000 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!