Benchmark Upgrades Seagate Technology (STX) to Buy
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Benchmark upgraded Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45. The change follows strong preliminary Q1 results.
"Seagate preannounced upside results for the September quarter. Seagate now expects to report revenue of approximately $2.8 billion, and GAAP and non-GAAP gross margin of approximately 29%. The Company expects to report HDD exabyte shipments of approximately 67 exabytes, reflecting unit shipments of approximately 39 million and average capacity per drive of 1.7 terabytes. Seagate’s prior guidance for the September quarter was for sales of $2.7 billion and nonGAAP gross margins of 27%," noted analyst Mark Miller.
"Higher margins in conjunction with the 8.5% sequential increase in Exabyte shipments, versus the 5.6% sequential increase in unit shipments, indicates to us that Seagate continues to benefit from strength in its Nearline drive sales, as also seen last quarter," continued the analsyt.
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $37.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Deutsche Bank Raises Price Target on IHS Markit (INFO) to $44; Reiterates Buy
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!