Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Should Look at Large Strategic Furniture Acquisition - Guggenheim
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Steven Forbes trimmed estimates on Neutral-rated Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) after Q2 results fell short. Interestingly, the analyst feels the company may need a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market to drive both diversification and differentiation.
Forbes commented, "Although we are encouraged by the company's willingness to make strategic investments to drive diversification (i.e., One Kings Lane) and differentiation (i.e., exclusive product launches), we also believe that time is of the essence as consumer expectations and consumer behaviors are adapting rapidly. As a result, we view a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market, as one of the most efficient ways to drive both diversification & differentiation given the company's solid balance sheet and its ability to generate significant FCF."
In conjunction with lower top-line expectations, the firm is reducing 2016 and 2017 EPS forecasts. FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.83 to $4.65 and FY 217 EPS goes from $4.93 to $4.69.
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond closed at $43.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Visa (V) PT Trimmed to $93 at Stifel With Initial 2017 Guidance a Touch Light
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!