Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Should Look at Large Strategic Furniture Acquisition - Guggenheim
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Steven Forbes trimmed estimates on Neutral-rated Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) after Q2 results fell short. Interestingly, the analyst feels the company may need a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market to drive both diversification and differentiation.
Forbes commented, "Although we are encouraged by the company's willingness to make strategic investments to drive diversification (i.e., One Kings Lane) and differentiation (i.e., exclusive product launches), we also believe that time is of the essence as consumer expectations and consumer behaviors are adapting rapidly. As a result, we view a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market, as one of the most efficient ways to drive both diversification & differentiation given the company's solid balance sheet and its ability to generate significant FCF."
In conjunction with lower top-line expectations, the firm is reducing 2016 and 2017 EPS forecasts. FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.83 to $4.65 and FY 217 EPS goes from $4.93 to $4.69.
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond closed at $43.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!