Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) Should Look at Large Strategic Furniture Acquisition - Guggenheim
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Guggenheim analyst Steven Forbes trimmed estimates on Neutral-rated Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) after Q2 results fell short. Interestingly, the analyst feels the company may need a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market to drive both diversification and differentiation.
Forbes commented, "Although we are encouraged by the company's willingness to make strategic investments to drive diversification (i.e., One Kings Lane) and differentiation (i.e., exclusive product launches), we also believe that time is of the essence as consumer expectations and consumer behaviors are adapting rapidly. As a result, we view a large strategic acquisition within the furniture market, as one of the most efficient ways to drive both diversification & differentiation given the company's solid balance sheet and its ability to generate significant FCF."
In conjunction with lower top-line expectations, the firm is reducing 2016 and 2017 EPS forecasts. FY 2016 EPS goes from $4.83 to $4.65 and FY 217 EPS goes from $4.93 to $4.69.
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond closed at $43.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Guggenheim
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!