Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY): Testing A New Membership Program Beyond+ - UBS
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Lasser, reiterated his Neutral rating on Bed Bath & Beyond (NASDAQ: BBBY) and noted that the company is beta testing a new membership program, Beyond+.
The mechanics of the deal are that for a $29 annual subscription fee, the member gets 20% off all purchases at BBBY both in-store & online. Also, they will receive free standard shipping with no minimum while shopping through the digital channel.
From the consumer's perspective, joining makes sense if he or she expects to spend $145 annually. Though, BBBY is likely to continue to offer coupons & free shipping above a certain spending threshold, which will influence interest in the program. According to Checkout Tracking, BBBY shoppers make 2.84 buying visits per year to its stores with an average spend of $120. This is more spend & greater frequency than PIR, TCS, &Williams-Sonoma. BBBY tests new offers all the time.
If the test of the program is successful, it could usher in a time when BBBY stops or limits the distribution of its free coupons. But, that could have severe consequences. BBBY noted it's limiting enrollment in the test, so the near-term financial impact probably won't be significant.
No change to the price target of $45.
Shares of Bed Bath & Beyond closed at $42.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!