Barrington Research Downgrades Hologic (HOLX) to Market Perform
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
Barrington Research downgraded Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) from Outperform to Market Perform.
Analyst Charley R. Jones said, "We are downgrading HOLX to a MARKET PERFORM rating from an OUTPERFORM rating as we would prefer to wait for a better risk/reward. We certainly recognize that the transformation to 3-D is just beginning. We are finally going to get some service growth in the breast health division, which has struggled during the transition to 3-D as a result of the one-year lag on service due to the first year being free as part of a manufacturer warranty. We are also aware that NovaSure has already gone through a meaningful step down in revenue, but the fact is that there are headwinds in each of HOLX’s other segments and at nearly 20x and a 40% debt to cap, we’d rather wait."
Shares of Hologic closed at $25.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Bank of America (BAC) to Neutral on Risk of Qualitative Failure
- Splunk (SPLK) PT Lifted to $90 at Cantor Fitzgerald on Solid Q4 and Momentum
- New Media Investment (NEWM) PT Raised to $30 at Compass Point; Digital Growth Story Playing Out
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!