Barclays Lifts PT on Chesapeake Energy (CHK) to $3; Sees Cash Flow Improving Post-Barnett Exit
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Barclays boosts its price target on Underweight-rated Chesapeake Energy (NYSE: CHK) from $1 to $3 following recent company progress in midstream contracts and Barnett Shale play.
Analyst Thomas Driscoll commented today,
Chesapeake has improved its economics by addressing above-market midstream contracts in several regions and by exiting the Barnett. We are increasing 2018 EBITDA estimates (or PICF) by $635 million to reflect the recently announced Barnett transaction, the Mid-Continent midstream restructuring, and continued efficiency gains evident in CHK's new guidance. We assume Chesapeake shares will trade at a 5% discount to peers using 2018 cash flows and we have valued the debt at face value to arrive at a price target of $3 per share.
CHK will pay to exit the Barnett Shale play - but cash flow will improve. The $336 million payment to exit the Barnett and cancel midstream contracts will relieve CHK of substantial obligations and sharply boost near-term cash flow. The Barnett transaction raises pro-forma YE 2015 PV10 value by $550 million.
A $0.5-1 billion Haynesville sale could help CHK to reach its $2-billion plus asset sales target; and another package is likely to go to market his month. CHK has sold $1.2 billion in assets and the Haynesville could help it attain total proceeds of $2 billion or more. CHK is marketing production of 90-95 mmcfpd plus an undisclosed amount of acreage. Recent drilling results have been impressive and they have raised the value of undrilled opportunity, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK): Viability Restored - Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!