Bank of America (BAC) at an Inflection Point - Goldman Sachs
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Goldman Sachs analyst Richard Ramsden sees an inflection point for Bank of America (NYSE: BAC) and reiterated a Conviction Buy List rating and price target of $17 after hosting an investor meeting with BAC Chairman and CEO Brian Moynihan on Wednesday.
"We believe that BAC is on the cusp of an inflection in operating leverage as revenue growth and cost reductions appear set to occur concurrently," he said.
"Historically, cost cuts have largely been offset by revenue attrition. However, BAC is now lapping many of its legacy revenue headwinds (i.e. portfolio divestures, loan run offs and footprint rationalization) as recent investments in the consumer and corporate franchises are beginning to bear fruit," he added.
They continue to believe that a 10% ROTCE is achievable (even without higher interest rates), and, with the stock trading at a P/TBV of 0.9x, they see valuation as compelling.
Shares of Bank of America closed at $15.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EQT Equity Completes Press Ganey (PGND) Acquisition
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs Conviction Buy List, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!