Baird keeps GameStop (GME) at 'Outperform' Following Q3 Results; Sees Uncertain Q4 Industry Trends
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Baird affirms GameStop (NYSE: GME) at Outperform with a price target of $25 following Q3 results and guidance announced on Tuesday night.
The firm commented today:
GameStop reported F3Q16 results in line with recently lowered expectations, and despite acknowledging that industry sales remain soft through November to-date (consistent with our field checks), management reiterated the full-year/Q4 outlook. Importantly, GameStop continues to diversify outside of physical gaming (Tech Brands now 24% of operating profits), and given attractive relative valuation (~6x FY17 EPS vs. specialty retailers at ~10x), we remain constructive at current levels for investors with longer-term time horizons.
What's wrong with holiday video game sales? Importantly, the retail environment only tells part of the story due to increasing digital mix. Additionally, we believe consumers may be delaying holiday purchases in anticipation of steeper discounts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!