Baird keeps GameStop (GME) at 'Outperform' Following Q3 Results; Sees Uncertain Q4 Industry Trends
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Baird affirms GameStop (NYSE: GME) at Outperform with a price target of $25 following Q3 results and guidance announced on Tuesday night.
The firm commented today:
GameStop reported F3Q16 results in line with recently lowered expectations, and despite acknowledging that industry sales remain soft through November to-date (consistent with our field checks), management reiterated the full-year/Q4 outlook. Importantly, GameStop continues to diversify outside of physical gaming (Tech Brands now 24% of operating profits), and given attractive relative valuation (~6x FY17 EPS vs. specialty retailers at ~10x), we remain constructive at current levels for investors with longer-term time horizons.
What's wrong with holiday video game sales? Importantly, the retail environment only tells part of the story due to increasing digital mix. Additionally, we believe consumers may be delaying holiday purchases in anticipation of steeper discounts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Aegis Capital Assumes Concert Pharmaceuticals (CNCE) at Buy
- Teradyne (TER) PT Raised to $28 at Deutsche Bank; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!